Who is Donovan?
My name is Donovan Econn and I come from Los Angeles.
In the short-term future, my goal is to establish myself within my industry, make good friends outside of work and strive to do more of what makes me happy. My plans to achieve these goals are still in the works. Professionally, I know I have to keep trying to network, take advantage of opportunities to learn and develop skills, and try to outwork my peers. Personally, my plan is to spend time with the people I enjoy being around and to avoid the ones I don't.
I turned 21 in December, so by no means am I old, but I've started to realize more and more recently how I'm kind of turning into my dad. For example, I came home from work a week or two ago, pretty tired from a long day in the office, and, as I sat down on the couch, I let out a big sigh just like my dad would. It's something I used to think only my dad and old guys do, but I think things like this just start to happen as you enter adulthood. Kind of funny.
One thing that my parents and I don't have in common is a fashion sense. My dad has the funkiest cargo shorts I have ever seen and, while he can rock them, I would do a lot of things before I would go out in public wearing those. My mom's idea of what looks good is a little better, but I think far off from what I usually have in mind.
My family has never expressed any expectation for me to go into a certain type of profession or to study a certain subject, but I don't doubt that my dad and brother's own professional journeys and trajectories subconsciously influenced my decision to study real estate. Nevertheless, I have never felt like I've made a decision just to appease someone or to meet an expectation.
When I think of someone who lives life with passion and personal responsibility, I think of the old captain of my lacrosse team. He's a guy who could train for a marathon, run a nationally ranked club team, and still have time to do any favor you needed because he wanted to help.
An animal I feel a special connection to is the killer whale. They're super loyal to their family, playful and they're really creative animals.
When I was young, I was playing outside and got super excited when I found a three-leaf clover on the ground. I thought that it was the three-leaf clover that was rare, but it turns out its the "four-leaf" clover that's rare and three-leafs are pretty abundant. I ran inside with it in my hand and got let down gently by my mom.
Sun Sign - Sagittarius
Moon Sign - Aries
Ascendant or Rising Sign - Pisces
Donovan, I like your critique of your dad's cargo shorts. You better be careful though, you might fall into the same habits when you get to his age. At a certain age, functionality takes over fashion.
ReplyDeleteHi Donovan! I loved reading about how you resonate more and more with your dad as you have gotten older. I also feel the same way with my dad! I am sorry you were let down by the three-leaf clover but maybe in the future you will find a four-leaf one!
ReplyDeleteHey Donavan! That was a great blog. I love how you started it off with a little bit of humor explaining how you are slowly turning into your dad even though you are only 21. I can tell that you are a very light hearted person. Adding the story about the 3-leaf clover gave me a good laugh because I have definitely done the same thing. I am excited to get to know you better.
ReplyDelete